Formula 1 Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F1 Chat and other stuff for nice people

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Shoreham Empty  

Shoreham

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lunatic
Needs therapy
lunatic

Shoreham Empty
PostSubject: Shoreham   Shoreham Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2015 2:35 am

This is the first time in years i haven't been due to my cousins wedding, as you may have read 11 people so far have died, as it stands at the moment i do not personally know any of the victims but plenty of my friends do, its tragic what has happened and all i see is my facebook page full of RIPD's and people asking if they have seen people, Shoreham really isn't a great place for a show as its right on the A27 and close to residential areas, i hope this wont be the end of the show as they raise so much for charity. such a sad weekend.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/carl.wells1
johnston

johnston

Shoreham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoreham   Shoreham Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2015 6:16 am

Seen a picture on another forum, taken before the plane came to a stop. Must have been a still from a Dash cam. Looks like there was a Road crew working where the plane went down.

I seen there was another incident today at a show in Switzerland. Then there was the one a month or so ago, the show Chris Evans is involved with.

I wonder if we will see a tightening of the rules for holding them?
Back to top Go down
Dewie
Mutant Ninja Turtles
Dewie

Shoreham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoreham   Shoreham Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 7:35 am

Hi Loon

I haven't been on for quite a while, change of lifestyle was needed as I spent too much of my life staring at the PC screen, but the events at Shoreham, once the initial shock had passed, made me suddenly think " shit, I bet Loon was there", hence my visit here today. Glad you weren't and that your ok, but obviously sorry that it must have hit the whole community hard as everyone is likely to know someone affected in some way.

Going forward I hope that the investigation can determine a cause, and any recommendations for changes, if required, can be based on its findings rather than the tabloid bullshit speculation thats being spouted at the moment.

It's natural for people to speculate and derive theories, but, as any B movie 'whodunnit' will show, it is easy to be convinced you 'know' what happened, only for the final reveal to show that what you thought were pieces fitting together, had nothing to do with it.

The tabloid press have been, even by their own very low standards, particularly irresponsible over recent days, but then even the BBC has lowered themselves to using phrases like 'loop the loop' and 'stunt' to describe aerobatic displays and they all have called on a selection of 'experts'

Until the investigation is complete, the focus should be entirely on supporting all those really affected, rather than on misguided speculation on how to protect us all from being killed at airshows.

Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

Shoreham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoreham   Shoreham Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 9:16 am

Nice to know at least you are still with us Dewie
Back to top Go down
Dewie
Mutant Ninja Turtles
Dewie

Shoreham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoreham   Shoreham Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 6:53 am

Paul wrote:
Nice to know at least you are still with us Dewie

As in still with us, or still with us?

Either way I'm still with us, hope you're well too.
Thumb Up
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

Shoreham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoreham   Shoreham Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 9:18 am

lol As in finding time to post occasionally.
Ive been reading my 1932 " Every boys Hobby Annual" the past few days, and it raves about the latest RAF planes of the time. Boy did they have some catching up to do a few years later Rolling Eyes
The bit that made me chuckle was " it dives at over 140 mph" lol
Back to top Go down
Dewie
Mutant Ninja Turtles
Dewie

Shoreham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoreham   Shoreham Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 7:49 am

Paul wrote:
lol  As in finding time to post occasionally.
Ive been reading my 1932 " Every boys Hobby Annual" the past few days, and it raves about the latest RAF planes of the time. Boy did they have some catching up to do a few years later Rolling Eyes
The bit that made me chuckle was " it dives at over 140 mph"  lol
Nice to know you kept it all these years  Razz

Ive got a big pile of flight related magazines dating from the early 50's that an ex Meteor pilot gave me - will have to dig them out and scan some bits for you.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin
Paul

Shoreham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoreham   Shoreham Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 8:33 am

lol   Please do Matey.
Even the language in that old book of mine is a wonderment all its own.
-
" The Westland Wizard was certainly that. Any uprising in Irak ( correct spelling at the time) would  have the chaps setting off dropping a few little bombs and quelling the beastly types with ease"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shoreham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoreham   Shoreham Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shoreham
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Formula 1 Fanatics :: Aviation general-
Jump to: